Chilled Hot Chocolate
You do not have to wait for the snow to fall to enjoy the rich taste of hot chocolate, thanks to this frosty version. "It's a great summertime treat, but good any time of the year," says Mary Tallman, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 4 envelopes (1 ounce each) instant hot cocoa mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a blender, combine water and cocoa mix; cover and process until
- dissolved. Add ice cream and cream; cover and process for 30 seconds
- or until smooth. Pour into chilled mugs. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (prepared with sugar-free hot cocoa mix, fat-free half-and-half and fat-free reduced-sugar frozen yogurt) equals 210 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat-free milk, 1 starch.