Chilled Green Beans Italiano
Chopped red onion contrasts nicely with the colorful green beans in this unique vegetable salad.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain and pat dry. Place in a
- bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.