"This refreshing frozen salad is easy to assemble ahead and serve to a group at breakfast - or any time of day," remarks Andrea Hawthorne of Bozeman, Montana. It's a convenient and colorful addition to a holiday buffet.
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 18 clear plastic cups (9 ounces)
- In a large bowl, prepare pineapple juice concentrate according to package directions. Add orange juice concentrate, water, sugar, lemon juice and fruit. Spoon 3/4 cupful into each plastic cup. Place cups in a pan and freeze. Remove from the freezer 40-50 minutes before serving. Yield: 18 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Fruit Cups in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p17
Reviews for Chilled Fruit Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review