Chilled Cucumber Soup
"This is a wonderful way to use up all those cucumbers that seem to be ready at the same time," writes Shirley Kidd of New London, Minnesota. "I's so refreshing on hot summer days."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Fresh dill, optional
- Cut four thin slices of cucumber; set aside for garnish. Peel and
- finely chop remaining cucumbers. In a large bowl, combine the
- buttermilk, sour cream, sugar, dill, salt, pepper, green onions and
- chopped cucumbers.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with cucumber slices
- and fresh dill if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.