Chilled Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and 1 teaspoon orange peel; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice and let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a icing bowl, c=beat cream cheese and remaining orange peel until blended. Beat in cranberry sauce until smooth. Beat in cooled gelatin mixture; mix well.
- 4. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 324 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Chilled Cranberry Cheesecake
"Looks just like the picture in real life. Deliciously light and fluffy and not overly sweet. Yummy!"