Chilled Cranberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and 1 teaspoon orange peel; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice and let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a icing bowl, c=beat cream cheese and remaining orange peel until blended. Beat in cranberry sauce until smooth. Beat in cooled gelatin mixture; mix well.
- 4. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 324 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Chilled Cranberry Cheesecake
"Looks just like the picture in real life. Deliciously light and fluffy and not overly sweet. Yummy!"