- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shoe-peg corn, thawed, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the shrimp, garlic and curry; saute 4-6 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, 2 cups corn, sour cream, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining corn and shrimp mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish servings with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Corn and Shrimp Soup in Country Woman August/September 2011, p32
Reviews for Chilled Corn and Shrimp Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2011
Perfect summer soup! Quick and easy to make. I will be making it again.