Chilled Chinese Chicken Salad
"This chilled chicken salad has a slightly tangy taste and is a refreshing alternative to the typical chicken salad." notes Sandra Miller, Lexington, Kentucky. "An added plus is that it is easy to prepare. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and a muffin (low-fat, of course)."
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on salad greens;
- garnish with olives. Yield: 5 servings, 1 cup per serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon