Chilled Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
"This chilled chicken salad has a slightly tangy taste and is a refreshing alternative to the typical chicken salad." notes Sandra Miller, Lexington, Kentucky. "An added plus is that it is easy to prepare. I like to serve it with fresh fruit and a muffin (low-fat, of course)."
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on salad greens; garnish with olives. Yield: 5 servings, 1 cup per serving.
Originally published as Chinese Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p62
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chilled Chinese Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2010
"too soft, possible try again with fresh sprouts and not marinaded in dressing. too soggy"