Chilled Cauliflower Salad
Reduced-fat Italian salad dressing is the minute-saving marinade in Dorothy Acker's cold vegetable medley. "I've made this easy salad for the past 40 years and it's still a family favorite," says the Fort Wayne, Indiana reader. You can also use fresh green beans instead of frozen.
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add dressing and
- toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before
- serving. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.