Chilled Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 13 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.