Chilled Blueberry Soup
With 100 blueberry bushes in my garden, I'm always looking for recipes calling for this sweet-tart fruit. So I was delighted when my granddaughter shared this one with me. Edith Richardson, Jasper, Alabama
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in
- water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add blueberries and cinnamon stick; return to a boil. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in orange juice concentrate until thawed. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Discard cinnamon stick. Garnish
- with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.