Chilled Berry Soup
I sampled a cool strawberry soup while visiting Walt Disney World. I enjoyed it so much that the restaurant game me the recipe, but I eventually found this combination, which I like even better. The ginger ale adds a special zing.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until
- pureed. Add the ginger ale, milk, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla;
- cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a large bowl; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Cover and
- refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with diet ginger ale, fat-free milk and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 189 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.