Chilled Berry Soup Recipe
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add the ginger ale, milk, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Pour into a large bowl; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with diet ginger ale, fat-free milk and reduced-fat sour cream) equals 189 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.