Chilled Beet Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh beets
- 1/4 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool.
- 2. Peel beets and thinly slice. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 2 servings.
2/3 cup: 105 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chilled Beet Salad
"I had left over roasted beets & combined with this dressing - easy & tasty!"