We enjoy fresh beets all summer long. This ruby-red dish is an excellent change from the typical tossed salad and pairs well with any sandwich and entree.
- 1/2 pound fresh beets
- 1/4 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool.
- Peel beets and thinly slice. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Beet Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p211
Reviews for Chilled Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2014
"I had left over roasted beets & combined with this dressing - easy & tasty!"