We enjoy fresh beets all summer long. This ruby-red dish is an excellent change from the typical tossed salad and pairs well with any sandwich and entree.
- 1/2 pound fresh beets
- 1/4 small red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool.
- Peel beets and thinly slice. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Beet Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p211
Reviews for Chilled Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2014
"I had left over roasted beets & combined with this dressing - easy & tasty!"