Chilled Asparagus Salad
My sister served this salad one night when we were dinner guests. It's very easy to prepare, and the cool tangy change from eating asparagus as a hot side dish makes one sit up and take notice. My brother-in-law gets credit for creating the unique delicious salad.
-Kathy Willis, Pryor, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse
- in cold water; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- or until chilled.
- To serve, drizzle asparagus with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese
- and almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 152 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.