- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped onion
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked and browned; drain.
- Stir in onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Chiliville Chili
Sort By :
"This recipe was a bit sweet for me. Not one of my favorites."
"Delicious and easy! Used hot sausage, and omitted the celery. I like that it doesn't take that long to make. Will definitely make this one again!"
"I have been making since fall 2013 cooking school came to our town. It is a hearty dish that I freeze in individual containers for lunches at work. I have made at least 3 batches . My family loves it too."
"I made this using hot turkey sausage. It had just enough heat, and definitely tastes better the next day."