- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped onion
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is cooked and browned; drain.
- Stir in onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with cheese, sour cream and onion. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Chiliville Chili
Sort By :
"I have tried many chili recipes over the years and just couldn't find one worth making again. I tried this one on a whim and this is certainly a keeper. I have made it several times now and my husband always says you should enter this into a chili cook-off. I follow the recipe as is and always use the sweet Italian sausage. I love that it doesn't have to cook forever but tastes even better than the ones that do. The leftovers never go to waste! Delicious!"
"This chili is delicious! I have tried so many different chili recipes over the years, hoping to find one we liked well enough to make again. It has not happened until I tried this recipe. This is so tasty and has the right balance of flavor that my family really enjoys. Tastes even better the next day. Thank you for this recipe and I am looking forward to making it again for my family."
"This recipe was a bit sweet for me. Not one of my favorites."