- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Split chilies; rinse and remove seeds. Dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with cheeses.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk and biscuit mix. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChilies Rellenos
"I made it as directed the first time and wasn't very impressed with the flavor. The second time I roasted and peeled 3 pablano peppers in place of the canned green chilies. It was much tastier! I can't wait to try with chicken also."
"Would love to have the nutrition number for this dish. JOB73"