Chilies are a "must" where I live. I find they almost always improve a recipe that uses cheese. Sometimes I make this into a main dish by adding shredded cooked chicken after the chili layer. It really tastes good! —Irene Martin, Portales, New Mexico
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Split chilies; rinse and remove seeds. Dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with cheeses.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add milk and biscuit mix. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chilies Rellenos in Country August/September 1991, p49
Reviews for Chilies Rellenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review