- 1 can (7 ounces) whole green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Split chilies and remove seeds; dry on paper towels. Arrange chilies on the bottom of a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over the cheese.
- In a bowl, beat milk, eggs, flour, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chilies Rellenos Casserole
Sort By :
"This is so easy to make and tastes great!"
"This was quick and easy for me to make, the kids helped. Smelled incredible while it was baking but we were all a little dissapointed with the flavor. It was superisingly bland. Maybe I will add a tomatoe and chilie mixture and a fewmore spices to flavor it up next time. Salsa and sour cream possibly?"