Chili with Tortilla Dumplings Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is not longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- 2. Halve each tortilla and cut into 1/4 in. strips. Gently stir into soup; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortillas are softened. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 339 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 796 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Chili with Tortilla Dumplings
"I tried this recipe on Christmas Eve. My family devoured it. I made it again two days later for my husband and myself. All I can say is that this is the best recipe for chilli that I have ever made."
"I've made this 5x since finding the recipe. My teen n her friends gobble this up!!"