Chili with Tortilla Dumplings Recipe
Meet the Cook: Down here in Texas, we've always enjoyed Southwestern cooking. This chili is a special favorite - I've prepared it for a crowd and just the two of us, too. My husband and I have three sons and three grandchildren. -Shirley Logan, Houston, Texas
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is not longer pink; drain. Add the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Halve each tortilla and cut into 1/4 in. strips. Gently stir into soup; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortillas are softened. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Chili with Tortilla Dumplings in Country Woman January/February 1996, p29
Reviews for Chili with Tortilla Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011
"I've made this 5x since finding the recipe. My teen n her friends gobble this up!!"