Chili with Rice Recipe
For a different spin on traditional chili, try this nicely seasoned version with rice, corn and ripe olives. "It's really quick to make, and you'll find everything you need for it in your cupboard," assured Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato juice, rice, chili powder, salt and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the beans, corn and olives. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until corn is tender.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 342 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1022mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Chili with Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC