Chili with Corn Bread Topping Recipe
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the corn bread mix, milk and egg. Stir in cheese and corn just until combined. Spread batter evenly over chili.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 657 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1714mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 9g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Chili with Corn Bread Topping
"I haven't tried it yet, but it gIves me a great idea about how to do the cornbread topping. I use the chili made from the packet. Warning. The original is spicey"
"The recipe called for chili beans with tomatoes, or no tomatoes... So I subbed tomato sauce... Good recipe, could use a little updating. Just substitute where you can."