Chili with Corn Bread Topping Recipe
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the corn bread mix, milk and egg. Stir in cheese and corn just until combined. Spread batter evenly over chili.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 657 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1714mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 9g fiber), 41g protein .
Reviews for Chili with Corn Bread Topping
"I haven't tried it yet, but it gIves me a great idea about how to do the cornbread topping. I use the chili made from the packet. Warning. The original is spicey"
"The recipe called for chili beans with tomatoes, or no tomatoes... So I subbed tomato sauce... Good recipe, could use a little updating. Just substitute where you can."