- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into two 2-cup baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn bread mix, milk and egg. Stir in cheese and corn just until combined. Spread batter evenly over chili.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili with Corn Bread Topping in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p6
Reviews for Chili with Corn Bread Topping(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >