Chili Verde Stew Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless pork roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the pork in oil over medium heat until no longer pink; remove and set aside. In the same pan, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the pork, wine or broth, tomatoes, salsa, 1 tablespoon chilies, cumin, sugar and cloves. Cover and cook over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the parsley, jalapeno and remaining chilies. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 389 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein .
Reviews for Chili Verde Stew
"Made this last night family said it was good but a little bland for are taste.Will make again but add some more spices"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.