- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 pounds boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- Flour tortillas, warmed
- In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add 1 pound of pork; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining meat, adding more oil as needed. Return all of the meat to Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle flour over meat; mix well. Add the chilies, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, cilantro, salsa and broth. Cover and simmer until pork is tender and chili reaches desired consistency, about 1-1/2 hours. Serve with warmed tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chili Verde
Sort By :
"My chilil verde recipe is very time consuming and I wanted something easy. This was easy and tasty. I did use green enchilada sauce for half the chicken broth."
"Very tasty. However, chili just isn't chili unless it contains beans. I added red kidney beans to complete the meal, only because I didn't have pino beans. This one is a keeper!!"
"Very tasty. However, chili just isn't chili unless it contains beans. I added red kidney beans to complete the meal. This one is a keeper!!"
"I initially made this recipe because I was testing recipes for a chili cookoff. While I didn't use it for the cookoff, it is one of our favorites. My husband loves it. And you can spice it up if you want. This one is definetely a keeper!! Also goes good with the "quick" Spanish rice recipe on ToH. Basically calls for minute rice and salsa."
"Excellent!! Everyone at home loves it!!"