Cook once and eat twice with this hearty Southwestern casserole from Linda Baldwin of Long Beach, California. With help from a few convenience products, it quickly goes together before you freeze it or pop it into the oven to bake.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the chili, tomato sauce, olives and green
- chilies. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; top with Tater Tots. Cover and freeze one
- casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35-40 minutes
- or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before
- baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2
- hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium,