- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, tomato sauce, olives and green chilies. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese; top with Tater Tots. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chili Tots
"I added more ingredients but still followed the recipe.great i dea to a warm cloudy evening"
"this was good my hubby liked it better then me..."
"Normally I make recipes as is the first time but I played around with this one. First I omitted the black olives and green chilies. I added chopped onion and used one regular can of chili and one 'hot' can. I didn't want to freeze one so I cooked it in a 13x9 pan. I baked it at 425, uncovered, for 25 minutes and my tots were nice and crispy. I think at some point I might throw in some diced hot dogs for a chili dog flavor."
"This was delicious. I had to uncover it and cook for another 20 minutes. Leftovers are really good too."
"This was really good. I had second thoughts about it because my daughter doesn't particularly love chili but we both liked it a lot. The tator tots didn't really get done so I ended up baking it uncovered the last 10 minutes and still had to put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up. Probly will just bake it uncovered the entire time next time and see if that works better."