Cook once and eat twice with this hearty Southwestern casserole from Linda Baldwin of Long Beach, California. With help from a few convenience products, it quickly goes together before you freeze it or pop it into the oven to bake.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, tomato sauce, olives and green chilies. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese; top with Tater Tots. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Originally published as Chili Tots in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p63
Reviews for Chili Tots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review