- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the chili, tomato sauce, olives and green chilies. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese; top with Tater Tots. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chili Tots
Sort By :
"Normally I make recipes as is the first time but I played around with this one. First I omitted the black olives and green chilies. I added chopped onion and used one regular can of chili and one 'hot' can. I didn't want to freeze one so I cooked it in a 13x9 pan. I baked it at 425, uncovered, for 25 minutes and my tots were nice and crispy. I think at some point I might throw in some diced hot dogs for a chili dog flavor."
"This was delicious. I had to uncover it and cook for another 20 minutes. Leftovers are really good too."
"This was really good. I had second thoughts about it because my daughter doesn't particularly love chili but we both liked it a lot. The tator tots didn't really get done so I ended up baking it uncovered the last 10 minutes and still had to put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up. Probly will just bake it uncovered the entire time next time and see if that works better."
"Amazing meal! I work full time daily & part time at night, don't have much time to prepare meals. This was quick and easy, tasted awesome. Will make again."
"Very simple to make, very yummy for all! Will definitely make again and again!"