Chili Tortilla Bake
“Young and old alike enjoy this dish. I’ll sometimes assemble it the night before.” With only 20 minutes of prep, this quick-to-fix oven entree is ideal for weeknight dining. —Celine Weldy, Cave Creek, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, corn, green chilies, onion, chili
- powder, cumin, garlic powder and oregano; heat through.
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer
- half of the tortillas, beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 413 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium,