- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce with a fork. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the green peppers, onions, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper in oil for 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in corn and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half; top with chili. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chili-Topped Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
I made these not really expecting much of the recipe, but I wanted to try it because it seemed like an easy meal. I really liked the taste of this meal, but my family wasn't really impressed. It was fairly easy to make and you could easily substitute ingredients, for example, instead of the parsley, I substituted cilantro. I would eat this again, but I don't think my family would!