Chili-Topped Baked Potatoes Recipe
This is a creative twist on traditional chili. The potatoes make it a delicious, and filling, main dish.—Alcy Thorne, Los Molinois, California
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked potatoes
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans, sugar and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 7 cups.
1/2 cup equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC