Chili-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Microwave baked potatoes and convenient canned vegetarian chili make this hearty dish a snap to take to the table! It's colorful, too, topped with goodies like fresh tomatoes, reduced-fat sour cream and shredded cheese. "These potatoes are great for cookouts or picnic meals," Laura Lunardi notes from West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped seeded fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Scrub and pierce the potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat chili. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff with a fork. Spoon chili over each potato; sprinkle with cheese. Top with tomatoes, sour cream and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Stuffed Potatoes in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p59
Reviews for Chili-Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review