- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Add chili and salt; heat through. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, tomato and green onions.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, cut side down; brush with oil. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes.
- With tongs, turn peppers. Fill with turkey mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chili-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
"I made this dish several weeks ago and it was a huge winner. I found two beautiful poblano peppers and made no changes to the recipe. The peppers give this dish a wonderful flavor and not hot at all. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"My husband loved these - he said it needed at least a 5-star rating, and I agree! He's already asked for them again next week. Super simple and quick meal!"