Chili Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10 servings.
One 1-cup serving (recipe prepared with lean ground beef and 1-1/2 cups frozen corn) equals 263 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 812 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chili Stew
"I don't know why I never rated this until now. I have made this probably at least half a dozen times. We love it! The only thing I do different is to put it in my crockpot and let it cook all day."
"I Love this chili. Awesome !!!!!! By far my favorite chili "