Chili-Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
I like my food spicy, and my husband likes his mild. This pleasantly spiced dish makes us both happy—and our son enjoys it, too. It's easy to make, and I always have all the ingredients on hand.—Andrea Keith of Kentwood, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 6 bone-in pork rib chops (7 ounces each, 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder and seasoned salt. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and milk. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 299 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC