Chili-Spiced Pork Chops Recipe
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 6 bone-in pork rib chops (7 ounces each, 3/4 inch thick)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder and seasoned salt. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and milk. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop: 299 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chili-Spiced Pork Chops
"Quick and easy with ingredients I keep on hand."
"I didn't think these were very spicy, which is how I prefer. I did follow the recipe exactly. The flavor was amazing and I will make this again! So easy, perfect for a week night."
"Good pork chops! Next time I'm going to use a rack in the baking pan to see if the under side of the pork could be less soggy,"
"another quick and easy recipe, and yummyhubby doesn't like the spice, but i do .."
"My husband is NOT a fan of baked pork chops but he said I could definitely make this recipe again! He loved it!"
"My Husband and I loved this recipe. I will definitely make it again."
"Very good and very easy. I used unseasoned bread crumbs and then added my own spice mixture to our tastes."