I like my food spicy, and my husband likes his mild. This pleasantly spiced dish makes us both happy—and our son enjoys it, too. It's easy to make, and I always have all the ingredients on hand.—Andrea Keith of Kentwood, Michigan
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 6 bone-in pork rib chops (7 ounces each, 3/4 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder and seasoned salt. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and milk. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Texas-Flavored Pork Chops in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p27
Reviews for Chili-Spiced Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review