Chili Spaghetti with Hot Dogs Recipe
“I've been making this recipe for 35 years. It's one of my husband's favorite dishes. Lower-fat franks and reduced-fat cheese can be used and it's just as good.” Karen Tausend - Bridgeport, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the hot dogs, onion and celery in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the tomato sauce, mustard, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; toss with hot dog mixture. Serve immediately, sprinkling each serving with cheese. Or cool spaghetti; transfer to freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen spaghetti: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a saucepan and heat through. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 523 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC