Chili Snack Mix Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine corn chips, nuts, pretzels and crackers. In a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over snack mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6 quarts.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chili Snack Mix
"A nice change from the normal snack mix!"
"I hope this gets better with time. It was expensive to make and at best is was okay. Very bland!"
"Very fast & very easy. I brought to a halloween party & the bowl was cleaned out! The seasonings give it a good flavor. Don't let the name scare you-it's not hot. It is slightly sweet, so if you want more a savory mix, cut back on the sugar. Recommend for a quick, simple snack to feed a large crowd."
"Some family members like it just as well as Chex Mix. Very crispy and not too spicy."