Chili Snack Mix Recipe
Barb Gustison of Quincy, Illinois writes, “I remember my mother making chili mix in place of cookies for bake sales. Everyone loved it! It's also great for a snack at home, or to have on trips and at parties.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine corn chips, nuts, pretzels and crackers. In a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over snack mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6 quarts.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC