Chili Snack Mix
Barb Gustison of Quincy, Illinois writes, “I remember my mother making chili mix in place of cookies for bake sales. Everyone loved it! It's also great for a snack at home, or to have on trips and at parties.”
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine the corn chips, nuts, pretzels and crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, garlic powder and
- chili powder to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda.
- Pour over snack mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to three greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool
- completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6