Barb Gustison of Quincy, Illinois writes, “I remember my mother making chili mix in place of cookies for bake sales. Everyone loved it! It's also great for a snack at home, or to have on trips and at parties.”
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn chips
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 package (11 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine corn chips, nuts, pretzels and crackers. In a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Pour over snack mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to three greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6 quarts.
Originally published as Chili Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p12
Reviews for Chili Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review