This spicy shrimp appetizer is a hit at every buffet I host. The fiery sauce clings to the succulent shrimp, which look so pretty arranged on a festive platter. Best of all, the shrimp can be easily prepared the day before your event.Beth Schaefer, Sherwood, Ohio
35 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or
- wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic;
- stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add ketchup mixture to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion and
- sesame oil. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 shrimp equals 19 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.