Chili Shrimp Recipe
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Add ketchup mixture to the pan and heat through. Stir in onion and sesame oil. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 shrimp equals 19 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Chili Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.