Chili Seasoning Mix Recipe
“I developed this recipe to give as a Christmas present to family and friends. I package it in fun cups from garage sales and wrap them in bright cellophane bags, along with an easy chili recipe. Now, I'm filling requests all year!” Caroline Munoz - Austin, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon each dried cilantro flakes, basil and oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Use as a rub for pork or sprinkle on fish or as a seasoning for chili. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1 tablespoon equals 18 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC