Chili-Scented Seasoning Recipe
This pleasantly mild seasoning blend is a great way to perk up fish, poultry and meat. Shake a little of it on the table, just as you would salt, suggests Millie Osburn of Winona, Missouri.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 5 min. YIELD:96 servings
- 6 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
One serving (1/2 teaspoon) equals 4 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free food.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC