The pork sausage in this savory dish offers plenty of flavor, and the chili powder adds a little kick. “It’s a nice supper that’s very easy to prepare,” says Phillis Moore of Excelsior Springs, Missouri.
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the noodles, tomatoes, water, sugar, chili powder and salt if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot sausage mixture into sour cream; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili Sausage Supper in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p51
Reviews for Chili Sausage Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2015
"Amazing! I doubled the recipe and the water was a little low. I added an additional half cup. Loved it!"