Chili Sauce Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup chili sauce, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Brush with remaining chili sauce. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
2 slices equals 244 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.