- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup chili sauce, egg white, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf; place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Brush with remaining chili sauce. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chili Sauce Meat Loaf
Sort By :
One of the best meatloaf recipes I have made in a long time. Using Oatmeal brought back memories of my Mother's meatloaf.
I used a 1/2 lean ground beef and 1/2 lean ground turkey, and just made sure the temperature was 165 degrees F.
My family loves this recipe. it has become our favorite meatloaf.We love the sweet and spicy sauce on top it gives a nice kick.Our Granddaughters love it too!
I think there are other meat loaf recipes I would prefer. A bit too much garlic and not enough topping to meet our tastes. Also a bit crumbly - may want to add more oats. It was certainly OK, just perhaps not a keeper.
I have made this many times and my husband and I just love it.