Chili Sauce Chicken
Marilyn Waltz combines chili sauce with plenty of garlic and basil to flavor these moist chicken thighs. "We enjoy this tender grilled chicken not just in summertime, but throughout the year," notes the Idyllwild, California cook.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 25 min.
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add
- chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or
- overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat
- lightly. Place chicken on grill rack, chicken side down.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 15 minutes.
- Turn; grill 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads
- 170°-175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.