Chili Sauce Chicken
Marilyn Waltz combines chili sauce with plenty of garlic and basil to flavor these moist chicken thighs. "We enjoy this tender grilled chicken not just in summertime, but throughout the year," notes the Idyllwild, California cook.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Remove 1/3 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add
- chicken to bag; seal and turn to coat. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, skin side
- down, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Baste with half the reserved
- marinade. Turn; grill 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer
- reads 180°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.