- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Place chicken on a greased grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 15 minutes. Turn; grill 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Freeze option: Freeze chicken with 1-1/2 cups marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze reserved marinade in a freezer container. To use, thaw chicken with marinade and the reserved marinade in refrigerator overnight. Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill as directed, basting with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chili Sauce Chicken
"Great recipe, I used it on chicken breasts. Turned out very moist and full of flavor."
"Simple and tasty! Hardest part was chopping the garlic."
"I'm sure this is delicious, but I'm really confused as to why it was shown in a line-up of recipes listed as "5-ingredient chicken recipes"! There are NOT 5 ingredients, but 8!"
"These were so good and easy. Only had hot chili sauce and WOW they had a lot of heat. Next time I will use mild chili sauce."