Busy weeknights don't stop my husband from firing up the grill. This meal-in-one comes together fast. Try it with chimichurri and cotija cheese. —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Rub steak with chili powder and salt. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°).
- Heat rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a small bowl; stir in beans and salsa. Slice steak thinly across the grain; serve with bean salad. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chili-Rubbed Steak with Black Bean Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chili-Rubbed Steak with Black Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review