Chili-Roasted Turkey Breast
Chili powder gives gorgeous color to tasty turkey breast. When weather permits, I've been know to prepare it on the grill.—Sara Nowacki, Franklin, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. With fingers,
- carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub half of mixture
- under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- Rub skin with remaining mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey
- browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before
- slicing; discard toothpicks. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey equals 371 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.