Chili Rice Pie Recipe
A brown rice crust gives this meat pie added nutrition. It's a fun and different way to serve chili.—Denise Kilback, Balgonie, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and green and sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- 2. For filling, cook beef, celery, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, beans and chili powder. Spoon into crust.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Chili Rice Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC